Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Interesting Online Journal

I just wanted to post a quick blurb about the latest eContact! from CEC (Canadian Electroacoustic Community). It's theme for the 11.3 release is focused on Open Source. There are a few great articles by Jörn Nettingsmeier that I found useful, and hope others will read. I find it slightly sad that an Ableton producer has an article in here, while many other developers and community members of FOSS programs didn't submit (myself included). 11.3 Logiciels audio « open source » / Open Source for Audio Application

In other news, I can't wait for Ubuntu Studio's Karmic Koala 9.10 release on October 29. This release will have an official RT release version as a kernel that has proven quite stable in the latest beta reports.
I'll be playing October 22nd in Vancouver Canada, at the COPYRIGHT/COPYLEFT and will have a stack of Release Candidate images I plan on giving to friends. If you're in the Vancouver area and would like a copy, come by!

I'd love to see some community artwork developed for that release.

No comments: